- MQOM relies on the MPC-in-the-Head paradigm which was introduced by:
Yuval Ishai, Eyal Kushilevitz, Rafail Ostrovsky, and Amit Sahai. Zero-knowledge from secure multiparty computation (STOC 2007).
- MQOM relies on a specific MPC protocol inspired from and improving previous works
— Carsten Baum, Cyprien Delpech de Saint Guilhem, Daniel Kales, Emmanuela Orsini, Peter Scholl, and Greg Zaverucha. Banquet: Short and Fast Signatures from AES (PKC 2021).
— Thibauld Feneuil. Building MPCitH-based Signatures from MQ, MinRank, Rank SD and PKP (ePrint).
- MQOM uses GGM trees as suggested by
Jonathan Katz, Vladimir Kolesnikov, and Xiao Wang. Improved non-interactive zero knowledge with applications to post-quantum signatures (CCS 2018).
- MQOM uses the hypercube technique introduced by
Carlos Aguilar Melchor, Nicolas Gama, James Howe, Andreas Hülsing, David Joseph, and Dongze Yue. The Return of the SDitH (EUROCRYPT 2023).
- The first-round submitters of MQOM to NIST are
Thibauld Feneuil, Matthieu Rivain.